- October, 2016: Grey Bruce Health Services Implements Self-Service Kiosk with Cerner InterfaceThe Shams Group implemented three (3) workflows Hanover ED, Durham Lab, and Owen Sound Oncology workflows with bi-directional Scheduling and ADT with Cerner. Read more
- June 2016: Western Health Physician/Provider Reporting Portal ImplementationThe Shams Group implemented our Physician/Provider Reporting Portal at Western Health to help reduce the consumption of paper and turnaround times. Read more
- May, 2016: North Cypress Medical Center “ezPAY” Credit Card Processing ImplementationThe Shams Group successfully implemented their credit card processing product, “ezPay”, with Houston-based North Cypress Medical Center. The implementation automated the current process of posting payments back into MEDITECH. NCMC implemented the “ezPay” credit card processing in all registration areas and in the business office to eliminate the manual workflow process. Read more.
- May, 2016: Healthcare Associates (HCA) Website Development ProjectThe Shams Group (TSG) rebuilt the Healthcare Associates (HCA) main website, (see “about HCA” below) by integrating HCA’s three locations into one website- Irving, Coppell and McKinney. The site was also built to increase website traffic and change the layout and design. TSG performed the appropriate research and design to build an interactive and dynamic website for HCA. Some of the features TSG created include: a blogging module, Search Engine Optimization and Google Analytics. Read more.
- November, 2014: TSG Selected as Fierce Innovation Award Finalist for Patient KioskTSG has been selected as a finalist in this year’s Fierce Innovation Award: Healthcare Edition. We were recognized in the category of Population Health Management for our Patient Kiosk. Applicants were evaluated based on quality of care and patient outcomes, care efficiency, financial impact, market validation and overall innovative “fierceness…”Read more.
- September, 2014: Physician Reporting Portal at Western Health, Newfoundland and Labrador, CAThe Shams Group has implemented our Physician/Provider Reporting Portal at Western Health to help reduce the consumption of paper and turnaround times by replacing paper distribution of LAB and RAD results, allowing all users to be able to access patient data online. Providers can also complete their medical record deficiencies online from the portal. The portal provides the facility an improved care coordination option that alerts providers of new lab results, critical lab results, abnormal lab results, and new radiology reports. This feature allows them to proactively review and add comments to the alerts for their office staff to follow up with the patient, as well as providing better and timely patient care.
- September, 2014: Extract & Provide LAB Results from Meditech LAB - Eastern Connecticut Health NetworkWe have developed an automated tool for ECHN to extract Clinical Lab results from Meditech for Aetna patients for submissions to Aetna using Post-n-Track secure web services platform. The tool extracts all clinical lab results, including Lab, Micro, Blood Bank and Pathology, creates separate files by facility, and transfer files via secure FTP on a scheduled basis to Post-n-Track.
- September, 2014: Patient Portal Implemented - Conway Medical CenterCreate patient lists based off demographics, labs, problems, allergies and other combinations listed. These lists can monitor high priority health conditions and patient health improving quality of care and conducting a more in-depth data analysis.
- July, 2014: Mapping to Reportable Laboratory Results - Cape Regional Medical Center (CRMC)The Shams Group has implemented LOINC Code Mapping to Reportable Laboratory Results. LOINC uses a universal language to identify and send meaningful data to other providers or public health authorities, making it essential for the coordination of care.
TSG was able to handle CRMC mapping needs to meet the necessary Meaningful Use requirements. The mapping process is very complex, and by allowing us to handle these changes, this facility saved a significant amount of time, stress, and confusion.
- July, 2014: ADT to Truven Health - Conway Medical Center (CMC)The Shams group implemented our integration interface to capture patient demographics entered during the ADT process at the hospital HIS. This applies to both Meditech and non-Meditech environments.
- July, 2014: Upgrading Meditech DR and Medisolv server to SQL 2012 - Oconee Regional Medical CenterUnder DBA Consulting, we upgraded the Meditech DR server and Medisolv server from previous version of SQL to SQL 2012. During this upgrade, TSG verified that there are no incompatibilities that can occur from the upgrade. The migration was done in 8 hours.
- July, 2014: Patient Registration Kiosk Enhances Workflow – Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH)Implemented and went Live with Patient Registration Kiosk using iPads for Central Registration. This solution allows scheduled patients to self-check-in and walk-in patients to fully register using Kiosks for Lab and Radiology services. The solution fully integrates with Meditech Admission C/S modules.
- March, 2014: Way Finding App a Success – Methodist Richardson Medical CenterImplemented and deployed iOS, HTML and Android apps that allow consumers and conference attendees access to an internal conference hall layout of the NTBA annual conference in the Las Colinas Convention Center. Using this app, users can find directions from one booth location to another within the conference hall, as well as find a particular vendor booth using the published information directory.
- February, 2014: Generate Patient List MU Stage 2 – Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN)Implemented the Generate Patient Lists SSRS report to create patient lists based on various conditions of demographics, labs, problems, allergies and drugs, or any combination thereof. The use of patient reporting is beneficial to monitor high-priority health conditions while conducting an in-depth data analysis, which can lead to improvements of health outcomes and healthcare values.
- February, 2014: Way Finding App Enhances Conference Outcomes – North Texas Business AllianceImplemented and deployed iOS, HTML and Android apps that allow consumers and conference attendees access to an internal conference hall layout of the NTBA annual conference in the Las Colinas Convention Center. Using this app, users can find directions from one booth location to another within the conference hall, as well as have find a particular vendor booth using the published information directory.