Pharmacy Order Workflow: Galactica Rx
The Shams Group’s Galactica Rx system streamlines and automates the entire medication order management process in a facility, ensuring the accuracy and speed necessary to meet patients’ needs. It is designed for the capture, routing, delivery, review, approval, printing, and storage of physician orders. It also includes the ability to triage order types and allows online retrieval of physician orders, a major breakthrough in the order management process. It is a web-based product that can operate off of any Microsoft browser and is completed integrated with your HIS. This means it can be easily installed into your hospital’s pharmacy without an extensive demand of resources from the IS department. Galactica Rx also includes a built-in reporting tool that allows users to dynamically generate reports for different levels of management, as well as cut, dice, and drill down data interactively based on different business angles.
Galactica Rx is designed to provide a valuable solution to the challenges that confront pharmacies and nurses today, including medication errors caused by transcription errors, wasted time due to telephone calls between nurses and pharmacists to clarify orders, lengthy delays to get new orders approved, repeated efforts to successfully deliver physician orders via fax, and staffing issues at satellite pharmacies and remote hospitals.
This easy to use tool will allow you to get the information you need in minutes, and the pharmacy will no longer have to contact the IS department for reports. It will reduce medication errors, decrease turnaround time, eliminate lost orders, decrease the number of calls between nurses and the pharmacy, allow centralized pharmacy coverage for remote hospitals, and overall create more time for pharmacists to partake in clinical care.
Features and Benefits
- Powerful Communication Dashboard with audit trail of all communication
- Quick and easy access to all documentation on-line
- Multilayer integration with HIS (TSG has a built-in integration adaptor for Meditech HIS)
- Real-time ADT info immediately available in Galactica Rx
- Automatic indexing of orders to patients using barcodes
- MIS Table/Dictionaries synchronization from HIS to Galactica Rx – users, location, and service
- Back-end integration for patient account number from Galactica Rx to HIS
- Ability to obtain reports from Galactica Rx database using tools such as MS access, Excel etc.
- Compliance with The Joint Commission and HIPAA Guidelines
- Magnify and rotate images
- Ability to assign verbal orders to the physicians for E-sign