Full-time Position for Project Manager
The Shams group (TSG) is looking for a dynamic, self -driven Project Manager who coordinates the sharing of information and services with other departments; coordinates the development and testing of new systems; coordinates new business/new client implementations; creates and implements project plans; creates and processes relevant testing plans; creates and maintains policies and procedures; and manages project timelines and deliverables with key focus on creating valuable client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, updates and manages full-scale, detailed project plans with project objectives, business case, specifications, schedules, reporting, and staffing details.
- Determines project feasibility using stakeholder needs, data availability and organization assets.
- Manages, maintains, and implements standard requirements for processes and/or new development as related to the project or client request.
- Creates reports and trends to manage and improve processes related to new business implementations, project unit operations, regulatory compliance and audit.
- Reviews, manages and monitors requirements and processes for timely and accurate submission of client requests and/or system development items.
- Develops project plans and works directly and independently with clients, vendors and business owners to ensure successful planning for new business implementations.
- Defines data requirements, analyzes the information to create multiple solutions, and applies judgment and statistical tests to determine the best possible solution.
- Creates test cases, performs validation and testing of prototypes to ensure acceptability and precision as specified in deliverables. Performs and/or guides team throughout testing processes. Conducts UAT with clients.
- Responsible for process improvements ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Conducts project post analysis and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Participates in the training and supervision of staff under the guidance of the Project Management Director. Delegate tasks, responsibilities and areas of authority to appropriate personnel.
- Consults with clients, management, stakeholders and external vendors to assess reporting, system development and operational needs. Documents required tasks and ensures timely completion.
- Assists with client/vendor on-site visits and/or participates in travel to clients/vendors throughout implementations to ensure timely project completion and risk management.
- Identifies project risks and associated impacts to client/business owners. Reports findings to business owners/management and actively participates in the development of solutions to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
An undergraduate degree in Project Management or Business Administration. Minimum three years’ experience in Project/Operations Management required. Minimum one year of healthcare industry experience required; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret documents related to IT projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including proficient grammar, voice and diction
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking and quantitative analysis skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, leadership and management skills
- Proficient in MS Office including advanced skills in Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Basic knowledge of Data Structures, Microsoft SQL
- Advanced skills in QA testing with intermediate skills in software functionality
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall for implementing software application
- Ability to understand and evaluate a variety of technologies and platforms
- Strong project management and system analysis skills
Option to work as Independent Contractor
TSG engages skilled workforce Globally.
Qualified candidates that are NOT located in Dallas(TX) / Shreveport (LA) area and agree to the following pre-requisites may apply to work as independent contractors for TSG:*
*Contractor Qualification criteria varies by position, experience and country of the applicant.
- Independent contractors are expected to work at least for 4 hours during TSG business time (9:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Standard Time – CST). This requirement may eventually vary with the increased or decreased presence during TSG business hours depending on your productivity, knowledge and skills.
- Independent contractors are expected to be adept in using computers/technology and must be able to work with tools /applications used by TSG for communication from interview stages
- Independent contractors are expected to work from their personal workspace and be able to deliver quality work to TSG from a remote work environment
- Candidate must be able to make him/herself available for interview or other evaluation processes during TSG business hours. Remote interviews will be conducted via Goto Meeting with Video and candidate must be able to accommodate that.
If Applicants’ qualify for TSG requirements provided on this job listing and agree to the above pre-requisites they may submit their resume.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews, tests, or other evaluation procedures applicable to the position offered, this will include:
- A in person or remote video interview may be scheduled initially to discuss your experience.
- Skills assessment interview which may include:
- Online shared screen work/code/project viewing
- Oral/written tests
- Additional ways of verification of your suitability