A KIOSK Above the Rest
Patient Registration, Billing, Downtime and More
Our iPad-based Patient Kiosk application, for patient registration and patient check-in, is just one component of our Mobile Solutions Platform (MSP). We’ve developed front-end applications on both HTML & iOS – creating a familiar and pleasant experience on both an iPad or traditional ATM-like Kiosk.
The underlying technology is what transforms our simple app into an extremely dynamic and robust cloud-based platform, comprised of the following:
- A Forms Generation Engine – Allows TSG to easily personalize each and every element on every screen (fields, buttons, dropdowns, checkboxes, text, voice files; etc.) to create custom workflows from bottom-up.
- A Rule-based Workflow Engine – To automate and drive workflows with intelligent business rules and logic.
- A Database Engine – Uses open database technology for alerts, triggers and BI analytics capabilities.
- An Integration Engine – For multi-layer integration with any Electronic Health Record.
- Real-time Master Patient Index Database Synchronization – For speedy MPI search at the kiosk level, and support for EHR downtime.
Our Patient Kiosk Functionality
- Capture any data in discrete format
- Digitized forms with e-signature capability
- Quick patient identification (health card or driver’s license)
- Image capture
- Payment collection
- Health Card validation & Insurance Eligibility
- Live chat
- Multilingual capabilities
- Voice narration
- HIPAA compliant
Integration Experts – The Shams Group has been working with Hospitals and Health Systems for more than 25 years and has integrated with more than 80 different systems, platforms, versions and modules. Our product comes with a prebuilt integration engine that supports the HL7 protocol, SQL to SQL protocol. For Meditech hospitals, we provide an Interface Engine (Astro) and Meditech adapter that is capable of extracting data from MEDITECH and uploading data back into MEDITECH. No interfaces need to be purchased from MEDITECH.
Don’t Resort to Paper – Additionally, we go a step further and download your entire Master Person Index (MPI). Therefore, our solution can act as a mini registration module that offers you a down-time mechanism. When your EHR or an existing registration module is down, you don’t have to resort to paper. Patients can continue registering at the kiosks, and when the system is back up, everything is automatically synchronized.