The Next Generation of Patient Portal
Conquering PI and New Frontiers
Get the most out of your patient portal! Many healthcare organizations are overlooking more sophisticated, ‘next generation portals’ that facilitate more advanced benefits, such as telemedicine, video consultation for chronic follow-up, population health management. The Shams Group’s (TSG) Stage 2 Promoting Interoperability (PI) certified next generation patient portal: complements your EHR and presents many workflow efficiencies for your providers; offers empowering tools for patient engagement; and facilitates Promoting Interoperability (PI) clinical tasks and relevant information exchange for healthcare organizations.
- Secure messaging ability to communicate with caregivers
- Educational and condition-specific knowledge base and content
- Option to view Personal Electronic Chart Management in a safe and secure manner
- Secure way to verify existing patients using your hospital’s Master Patient Index data; expands patient profiles for personalized service
- Procedure-based guidance for before and after care
- Combines hospital, surgery center, clinic and other facility data into one portal
- Provides smartphones/tablet apps for portal access, notification, reminders and communication
- Routes patient-initiated communication and requests via the portal automatically to the appropriate hospital, practice and provider
- Provides monitoring and follow-up with chronic care patients in a cost effective manner (telemedicine option)
- Captures vitals and ensures medication compliance
- Offers powerful analytics
- Significantly reduces patient-physician and patient-ancillary service costs by automating all functions related to communication, such as: scheduling, refilling prescriptions, answering clinical questions, providing pre-testing instruction, etc.
- TSG offers Direct Connect under Promoting Interoperability (PI), which allows clients to transmit downloaded C-CDA files directly and connect to other hospitals and providers in a community, regional and statewide level to exchange PHI in a live environment and facilitate proficient referrals